Monday, March 2, 2009

Dealerlicense.com Update!


I bought a book package from Dealerlicense.com and received it today. First off I have to outline a few of the best things about the transaction.
  1. Awesome communication. I asked a question and James responded same day.
  2. I bought the package and it was mailed the same day
  3. Shipped Thursday and I received the books on Monday!
I don't know how many of you buy instructional material online but I have and about 75% of what I buy turns out to be crap. Not only that but it's often being sold by someone who stole the info and doesn't want to be contacted because my $60 is paying for their margarita and permanent residence(read Hammock) on the beach somewhere. None of this is the case with James' packages from dealerlicense.com. I haven't been to his offices but the fact that he invites people out and posts his address is refreshing.

The website looks a little dated, but it's easy to navigate and the info is clearly presented. I enjoyed the "free e-book" snippets.
The shopping cart worked well and I had no issues with the transaction.

Call me old fashioned but it's actually refreshing to buy some intellectual material online and then receive it in print format. From the picture you can see the 11 books that I ordered the 2 CDs and the 2 DVDs. The books are bound well too.

I read Secrets of Licensed Used Car Dealers, Dealer Agent Programs in Depth, How to Get Your Dealer License, and eBay Profits. All contain original material that is presented in a clear way. You can tell that James spent some time on each book and he generally doesn't repeat material from book to book. Most importantly the information is VALUABLE and applicable.

I watched both DVDs today as well. The Dealer Auction Tour was great and explained a lot of the details and the process to expect. I've been lurking around the local Mannheim auction trying to talk my way in for a couple of weeks now so I had a pretty good idea what to expect on this DVD but it's refreshing to have my impressions supported.

The Car Inspection DVD is really good too. I'm not a complete idiot around a car and know what to look for( one of my favorite pass times is to torment used car dealers by pointing out overspray and poorly matched paint on cars that they say have never had any work done. Karma may come back to bite me there...) The DVD is detailed enough for those who don't know anything but fast paced enough for the experienced car guy. Most importantly James explains the markings on the windshield of cars sold at auction and thus what to look for. For me this was most valuable.
The resource CDs worked well and it looks like they have a lot of great tools on them.


All in all this is the best instructional package that I've ever purchased online. I love that it came in print format! James is strait up about all the grey areas of the business and clearly states what is legal, what isn't and why while suggesting that you make your own decisions. I love how down to Earth the presentation is. In an industry that is dominated by fairly grumpy people who don't want anyone new to come in and mess things up for them and regulated by government agencies who take 6-8 weeks to do a background check, it is refreshing to have a mentor with a positive attitude. That's what you get at dealerlicense.com, with the email and phone support that James offers you truly get a mentor to help you through the process of getting your license and getting your company off the ground.

I'm not an affiliate and I don't get or want anything for this review. It's a great package and answered almost all of my questions that no one else would answer. Those quesitons that the package didn't answer I sent to James and I expect his response will be just want I'm looking for.

Phil

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you had a good experience buying instructional books on getting your dealers license. A friend of mine has been looking at Florida auto dealer schools, and likes getting online materials that can help him get ahead and be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
    auto dealer license

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dealers are aware of the requirements of their customers. You should check the history records of the car. In this way you will be able to avoid the hassles.

    Brandon Hyundai

    ReplyDelete